Bonjour! As it’s the summer holidays we’ve been enjoying making some lovely sweet treats to round off family barbecues. Our favourites are those that are quick and easy to serve – more time for having fun!
I have received product from Oreo for this post. It is an entry to the Foodies100 Wonderfilled recipe challenge sponsored by Oreo, which marks the launch of two exciting new flavours: Peanut Butter and Golden. The delicious new flavours are available in all major supermarkets at an RRP of £1.08. To find out more, visit www.facebook.com/oreo #ad or #soon.
Here’s my two recipes, one for little people and one for big kids with a vintage twist.
For Small People : Oreo Peanut Butter Cheesecake With Baked Bananas
Ingredients ( Serves 6 )
2 Packets of Oreo Peanut Butter Biscuits
300g Cream Cheese
25cl Double Cream
2 Tbsp Unsweetened Peanut Butter
130g Unsalted Butter
2 Free Range Eggs
50g Caster Sugar
Chopped Nuts to Decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 150 C. Then, put the Oreo Peanut Butter Biscuits into a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin until nice and fine. Melt the butter and pour this into the mixture then press the biscuit base into a shallow baking tin.
2. Next, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and peanut butter in a bowl.
3. Once the mixture is nice and smooth, spoon it over the top of the biscuit base and bake for 40 minutes until it it starts to look firm at the edges and slightly browned.
4. Once cooked, remove from the oven and leave to cool. Place the whole, peeled bananas onto a baking tray and bake in the oven for 5 minutes. Then slice.
5. On a plate, make a base for the cheesecake with the baked banana slices then, using a round biscuit cutter, cut the cheescake into however many rounds you need and place on top of the bananas on each plate.
6. Whip the cream and add a spoonful to the top of each cheesecake and decorate with the chopped nuts.
7. Serve immediately with a chilled glass of fresh milk.
1 Packet of Oreo Golden
1 Sachet of Vanilla Sugar
A Sprig of Lavender ( optional )
Jersey Salted Caramel or Maple Syrup to drizzle
1. In a griddle pan, add 50g butter and heat until the butter is melted in the pan. Slice the nectarines in half and remove the stones.
2. Place the nectarines skin side down in the pan and griddle for two minutes until softened and griddle marks appear on the skin. Turn over and repeat.
3. In a teacup, add the nectarine flesh side up. Meanwhile, remove the lavender from the stalk and chop finely with scissors (if using) .
4. Mix together the mascarpone, lavender and vanilla sugar and spoon a dollop over the nectarines.
5. Now break up one Golden Oreo per teacup and sprinkle over the top of the mascarpone mix. Finally, drizzle with Jersey Salted Caramel or Maple Syrup and serve with a chilled espresso.
I hope you enjoy using the new Oreo Golden and Oreo Peanut Butter Cookies to create some fab new recipes of your own. The delicious new flavours are available in all major supermarkets at an RRP of £1.08. To find out more, visit www.facebook.com/oreo
Bon appetit! x